Sunday, June 7, 2009

Welcome to The Dressed Caterpillar!

For as long as I can remember, I have had an obsession with invitations, stationery, greeting cards, thank you notes, gift wrap and tags, and anything paper one may be able to dream up! Perhaps it is because nothing makes you feel quite as good in today's busy world as knowing, when you open your mailbox, that not only did someone think of you, but took the time to sit down and write you a note or card and get it to a post office. Or because, as our memories are muddled by time and experience, coming across that certain wedding invitation, birth announcement, ceremony program or menu card takes you immediately back to that moment, the details become clear again, and a smile born of a fond memory comes across your face. Isn't it great when either of these things happen? I love it when they do!

As a tribute to my passion, I began my venture in custom stationery design in 2007. Coupling my value of sentiment with creativity, I've had the opportunity to work on many weddings, baby showers and announcements, as well as a milestone birthdays and holiday cards.

This blog will be an opportunity to keep up with my most recent work, as well as document the expansion of The Dressed Caterpillar. Check back for posts on etiquette, trends in design and inspiration...

No comments: