Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Butterfly Effect, Volume 1


Welcome to the first edition of "The Butterfly Effect," The Dressed Caterpillar's inspiration board! A butterfly effect can be defined as follows... "In a chaotic system, the ability of miniscule changes in initial conditions to have far-reaching large-scale effects on the development of the system." It is my hope that these compilations of images and ideas are useful to some of my clients and readers and that sharing them will play some small part in an occasion that delights the souls of those in attendance.

For this, our first edition, I wanted to feature one of my invitation designs. I love the sketched quality of the rose graphic combined with the handwritten style font. The design has a rustic country-vintage feel and I chose to group it with other images that evoke a charming rural wedding. I adore the barn venue and the vintage get away card with the hand-strung "Just Married" sign over the back tire. Visit Brides.com for more photos of this wedding and The Dressed Caterpillar for the invitation.

No comments: